The CONTHOS 3 state-of-the-art thermal conductivity gas-analyzer is an analytical instrument developed for online industrial use.
Some of the outstanding technical features of LFE's 3rd-generation, microprocessor based gas-analyzer are:
● high-temperature TC-detector (TCD), temperature controlled from 50°C to max. 180°C continuous operating temperature.
● high corrosion-resistance of components in contact with medium
● unusually quick response time: typically ≤ 2s
● response highly independent of the gas flow
● unusually high long-term response stability
● intuitive user-interface based on NAMUR1 –recommendations
● automatic self-diagnosis
● optional dynamic interference correction of up to 3 gases
The technical features of the unique CONTHOS 3 gas analyzer open up new areas of application for the thermal-conductivity principle, as well as help to eliminate weak points in present analysis problems.Choosing the TCD-operating-temperature above that of the dew-point of the sample-gas can, in conjunction with external and internal heated gas lines (field housing only), alleviate the need for a sample-gas cooler.
● CONTHOS 3E: 19"-rack housing (protective class IP40)
● CONTHOS 3F: field-housing (protective class IP65)
● CONTHOS 3F-Exp: explosion protected (ATEX) version in conjunction with purge-gas pressure monitor
● 2nd & 3rd switched ranges: independently configurable, suppressed & non-suppressed
● interference correction in conjunction with external, selective gas analyzers for multiple gas constituents
● digital I/O-board for external range switching, threshold contacts, etc.
● RS-485 interface with Modbus RTU protocol
● heated gas lines within analyzer housing (max. 140°C; field housing only)
● TC-detector with flowed reference cell
in the iron and steel industry
in corrosive process gases in the chemical industry
in all of the "classical" applications of the TCD-principle